Hyperscalers' Three Step Roadmap to Co-Lo 2.0
Hyperscalers channel Partner Type: Co-Lo 2.0
Intended audience - Co-Lo Operators | Co-Lo 2.0
Making the Leap: From Co-Lo over to Co-Lo 2.0
In the beginning of what we now refer to as modern data centre facilities, first appeared in the United States in the early 60s to house large mainframes computers. As these computing facilities began connecting with each other in the 70s, telecommunication companies began to offer floor space to such customers as an outsource service, referred to as co-location (Co-Lo) services.
Co-Lo operators went on to experience the 80’s boom followed by the bust of the 90’ then the passing of Y2K in 00’. Now in the 10’, the competitive landscape between: Cloud service providers, managed services providers and enterprise service providers have contributed to a relatively poor take-up of technical real-estate. Despite these dynamics, Co-Lo-operators, have not changed, in principle, since the ‘70s. And perhaps there was no good reason to change. Up until now: In the new Hyperscale era of service providers, driven by automation, analytics, intelligence and connected devices.
Alas! The required leap is here: From the traditional Co-Lo-1.0 owned functions of: space, power and cooling, over to Co-Lo 2.0: Providing everything enterprise-IT and cloud service providers will need, to turn around a service.
Three Step Roadmap to Co-Lo 2.0
Register and Download the Hyperscale Solutions Designer App
Import your Technical-Real-estate Layout and Update its Availability
Go live with LaaS (Lab as a Service) and Start Collaborating
Brief on the Hyperscale Solutions Designer HSD App
Ask about the limited-available Co-Lo 2.0-HSD App branding opportunities
The Hyperscalers Solutions Designer HSD App automates:
• Collaboration between key industry user groups leading to real projects;
HSD User Groups Include:
• Co-Lo 2.0 + Qualified 3rd party system operators
Once an appliance is created, Hyperscalers makes it available to participating Co-Lo 2.0 operators enabling enterprise-IT, system integrators and cloud service providers to:
• Find and test-drive appliances via the LaaS function - try before you buy;
• Attain a holistic solution costings (opex) inclusive of: Software- infrastructure, IT-infrastructure and DC-infrastructure, simply through an easy to use select, drag and drop method;
• Select a preferred operator - ‘who operates the appliance from the Co-Lo’s premise?’ Available options: IT (recommended), you the IP-owner or a qualified 3rd party