Consulting Engineers & Cloud Architects
Problems with the Traditional Approach
Service providers’ traditional: Custom approach to design and delivery of IT-infrastructure necessary to carry owners’ Intellectual Property IP and processes, has, over the decades, contributed to embodied operating inefficiencies for their businesses.
The inevitable result of custom, one-time engineered IP-infrastructure-outcomes meant that standardization and its inherent benefits were never attainable and therefore economies of scale simply became impossible to achieve. Leading to project blow-outs in cost, time, risk and underutilization for both: Internal-IT and commercial service providers alike. Ultimately, relatively poorer service take-up and poorer customer satisfaction became the norm. To which we can all attest.
Collaborating with Consulting Engineers & Cloud Architects in:
Compiling Tender Specifications;
Assisting end-customers test-drive all appliances to find the right one(s) for their business via Laboratory as a Service LaaS ; and
Architecting both physical and virtual layers on either Hyperscale and Tier 1 Original architectures: Network, Storage, Compute, Converged and GP GPU infrastructure systems.
Service Providers’ Inefficiencies:
- Cost – Inc. Capital + Energy-cost
- Time – Inc. Custom-configuration
- Risk - Inc. Non-Interoperability
- Functioning | Performance
- Retention of Skilled Staff
Solving IT's Problem of Complexity
In solving Information Technology’s problem, of complexity, Hyperscalers has developed an IP-Appliance Design Process along with a utility being the Appliance Optimizer Utility. Together, they assist in the design, development and mass manufacturing of Standard IP-Appliances on Hyperscale AND|OR Tier 1 Original hardware architectures: Networks, storage, compute, hyper-converged and GP-GPU systems.
The key objectives of the IP-Appliance Design Process include:
- Adopt a set of best practices towards the design and development of standard IP-Appliances;
- Efficiency gains in automating the bottlenecks-discovery across the entire stack using the Appliance Optimizer Utility;
- Configuration of various hardware and software-infrastructure sub-systems in optimising the performance of the IP-appliance whole;
- Performance benchmarking using null hypothesis statistical test analysis against historical test-results of comparable IP-Appliances already standardized; and
- Economies of scale achieved in mass manufacturing efficiencies of standard IP-Appliances; and
- Newfound: Delivery and operational-efficiencies and commercial potential.
Compared to the traditional: Custom, one-time engineered approach, Standard IP-Appliances offer service providers newfound: Operator-efficiencies and inherently end-user-efficiencies simply through standardization, automation and economies of scale. Enabling service providers, for the very first time, to deliver and or operate known IP-outcomes from any office, or any Datacenter floor, quickly, reliably and at a fraction of historical costs.