HyperScalers IaaS, PaaS services on QCB cloud infrastructure
1. Executive SummaryThe objective of this PoC is to demonstrate a private cloud on Quanta Cloud Box platform and showcase the appliances that can be launched on it. The private cloud should be based on Microsoft Azure environment and should have the capability to launch PaaS and IaaS for the end customer. The cloud should be executing in HyperScalers demonstration laboratory. The administrator of cloud should enable the end customer an access to the private cloud; so that they can launch their appliances on top of it and verify them before going commercial.
2. IntroductionThe HyperScalers-QCB private cloud is based on the hardware provided by Quanta computers; dedicated to launch Microsoft Azure. Following sections describe the hardware infrastructures.
2.1 QCB ShelfCloud–in-a-Box (QCB), is a converged private cloud solution powered by Intel® Xeon® processors and Microsoft cloud technologies.
The QCB is a highly integrated solution with high performance-cost ratio. It provides a hybrid cloud platform with integrated Azure Pack solution.
2.1.1 Modular ArchitectureQCB's modular expansion conceptual design uses a cluster server as the management node with hardware HA and Storage Spaces to guarantee highly available operation. The basic unit starts from 1/6 of a standard 42U cabinet and provides up to 300VMs.
Resource expansion comes with 2U, serving as the base unit for computing, and JBOD for storage capacity, and to a maximum of 1500+VMs.
2.2 QCB Hardware ComponentsThe QCB consists of components like Network switch, Management and Compute nodes and Storage box. Following table gives a quick brief of these components.
• Port configuration
40 100/1000/10GBT and 8 1/10GbE SFP+ ports
• Switching capacity
• Industrial command-line interface
• Web Based Management/HTTPs
• Redundant power supply
• Static and dynamic port security (MAC-based)
• OSPF, BGP4, ECMP
• OpenFlow Support
• Network Automation
• 2U Rack Mount, 4 nodes
• Next Generation Platform with DDR4 Technology
• Shared Infrastructure Delivers Space and Energy Efficiency
• Various OCP Network Option
• High Serviceability
• Processor Type
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, v4 product family
On-board Intel® C610: (6) SATA 6Gb/s ports SATA RAID 0, 1, 10
(24) 2.5" hot-plug
Intel® I350 dual-port 1 GbE per node
• Dedicated 10/100 management port per node
• IPMI v2.0 Compliant, on board "KVM over IP" support
• 2U 2-node network storage appliance,
• Cluster-in-a-Box, high availability, reliability & serviceability
• Powered by Windows Storage Server 2012 and LSI Syncro CS
• SMB 3.0, NFSv4.1, de-duplication and hardware RAID support
• Simple management & out-of-box experience
• Operating System
Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition
2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 per node
• SAS Controller
LSI SAS 9271-8i HA-DAS (RAID 0,1,10,5,6)
12x 3.5" SASII HDD per system
2x 2.5" internal SATA HDD for OS installation per node